St. Martin of Tours School was opened on September 13, 1954 by pastor, Reverend Augustine C. Murray, who founded the parish in 1946. Fr. Murray invited the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondolet to staff the new school. The school consisted of nine classrooms, an office, an auditorium, and a library. From 1954 through 1979 the school was administered and staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondolet.
In 1979, Monsignor Lawrence O’Leary was appointed pastor and that same year a lay administrator, Mrs. Anna McCluskey assumed the role of principal. When lay teachers replaced most of the remaining nuns who had taught at St. Martin of Tours School, the convent property was vacated and then sold. The revenue from the sale provided funding for the construction of the parish center, a major remodel of the church, and extensive improvements to the school.
Mrs. Oswald was appointed principal in 1989. Under her leadership, an extensive building campaign was launched which built a new classroom block housing a state of the art science laboratory, library, resource classrooms, and administrative offices.
In July of 2003, Monsignor O’Leary became Pastor Emeritus and Father Michael Grieco was appointed administrator of the parish. In 2005, Father Peter Foran was appointed administrator of St. Martin of Tours Parish. The art room, computer room, faculty lounge, and conference room were refurbished in the summer of 2005. In 2007, Fr. Ben Le was appointed administrator of St. Martin of Tours Parish and in 2010 Fr. Ben Le was installed as pastor of St. Martin of Tours.
Dr. Gavin Colvert was named principal in 2014 and continues the tradition of excellence born over 60 years ago.
Today, St. Martin of Tours School stands ready to meet the educational needs of students in ever-changing world by providing a challenging academic program infused with Gospel values, community spirit, and superior academic, arts, and athletic programs.